Your decision to undergo facial plastic or cosmetic surgery is not easy. The results are something you live with for the rest of your life. Whether it is for cosmetic or medical reasons, it is important to choose the best face plastic surgeon in Delhi who not only has expertise in performing the procedure but also understands your goals.
Some important decisions need to be taken if you are considering facial cosmetic surgery. While most people thinking about facial plastic surgery spend a lot of time wondering about the procedure and the results, only a few people think about the most important factor – selecting the right cosmetic surgeon. Not every surgeon is qualified and trained in every plastic surgery procedure, and thus selecting the right surgeon is not as easy as you might think. As a potential plastic surgery patient, there is a lot at stake than you can imagine. Carefully evaluate the surgeon before making any decision.
Here we bring to you a few tips that will help you in selecting the best facial plastic surgeon in Delhi.
- Qualification and experience – Along with the right education and training, your chosen plastic surgeon should have years of experience in performing face surgery. It can make a lot of difference to the overall results of the procedure. The surgeon should be trained and specialized in performing facial cosmetic surgery. A thumb rule to consider – he or she should have been performing facial plastic surgery at least two to three times a week or for more than five years. Performing plastic surgery procedures is not less than an art. Only a surgeon who is in practice makes the right choice. Having done face plastic surgery procedures over the years ensures the surgeon has the skills needed to deliver exceptional results.
- Accredited Operating Facility – Plastic surgery procedures are performed in the surgeon’s office or hospital. Either way, it is important to make sure that the facility is accredited the same way you ensure the surgeon is board-certified. Proper accreditation makes sure that stringent standards are met for safety, equipment and technology, staffing, and surgeon’s credentials.
- Expertise – Do not get swayed by what you read online. The plastic surgeon you want to choose must be board certified. Remember, cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures are highly complex and only a surgeon who has years of training and education can do it right. Board certification further ensures that the doctor will meet the safety criteria and has the skills to perform facial plastic surgery procedures. An expert surgeon will be able to brief you about the entire procedure so that you can make a well-informed decision.
- You should feel comfortable with the surgeon – Comfort matters. If you are not comfortable with the surgeon, you cannot be assured of the results. You should feel a partnership between you and the doctor. Just like any other surgical procedure, facial cosmetic surgery procedures do have risks and complications. But you should feel confident and comfortable that if any complication arises, this doctor will be able to handle and take care of it. Having a high degree of trust is of utmost importance.
- Review previous patient’s feedback – Instead of making any decision in a haste, take out time and carefully review the feedbacks of patients who have already undergone face plastic surgery. Reading what other patients have to say about the surgeon will give an insight into the practices of a doctor and how he or she performs surgery. Such reviews reflect patient’s experience with the office environment, scheduling appointments, office staff friendliness, and wait times.
Take into consideration the above-mentioned points while looking for a surgeon. With understanding and careful research, you will find the best plastic surgeon in Delhi.