Demand for nose surgery, medically known as rhinoplasty, is growing rapidly. An increasing number of people are opting for it. If you are also considering this procedure then here are a few facts you should know:
1. It is more than cosmetic. It can also correct functional issues too. There are many people who have suffer from breathing troubles from large turbinates or a deviated septum – the part of the nose which filters air and heat when you breathe. Women and men seek corrective and aesthetic procedures in equal numbers that too across all age groups. It is not necessary about vanity – it is a surgery to help people reduce or stop suffering from breathing difficulty, injury or trauma.
2. It will not change your voice if you go to the experienced and right doctor. If some cosmetic surgeons tell that your voice will change because of the rhinoplasty then it is not true.
3. It is more affordable a procedure than you think. Nose surgery cost will not cost you a bomb or a brand new car. On consultation with the surgeon, you will get to know the cost of the rhinoplasty.
4. The surgical procedure lasts for one to two hours and recovery is also mild to moderate. It is performed under general anesthesia and patients have to wear a small cast for up to five days.
5. It is during the winter months that most people prefer undergoing nose surgery. Recover from this procedure is quicker and easier during winter months. Also, people prefer the procedure during vacation as the need for taking time off of work is not needed.
6. Technique for women’s and men’s rhinoplasty varies. If you think that nose job is a nose job – it is important to know that it is entirely a different art when it comes to rhinoplasty. The slope and angles of a woman’s nose is different from that of a man. Experienced and expert cosmetic surgeons choose angles that feminize a woman’s nose.
7. Sleep with two pillows after undergoing the surgery. Make sure you keep your head in an elevated-position to reduce welling. The two pillow method is one of the most effective and easiest ways to help quick recovery ensuring it is on track after the procedure.